Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Finally Completed!

The electronics were not too bad (except that super stuck band switch). Even the Bakelite blocks went fairly easy. The cabinet was more of a challenge. I ended up replacing the veneer on both sides and the top. The grill cloth is new also. I think it came out pretty good. By the way, It sounds great and picks up a lot of short wave, too Icon_clap  

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL
Member: Philco Phorum, ARF, ARCI & Radiomuseum.org

Came out great, Eric.

Thanks, Morzh! At least I learned how to free up a frozen band switch.

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL

Very nice Icon_thumbup

yeah....the word switch rhymes well with you know what for a reason, huh? Icon_lol

nice job it came out quite nice.

Great job! Icon_clap Icon_thumbup Icon_clap Icon_thumbup

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

Great job you did there Eric  Icon_smile
I recently got a 66B myself and I must say the cabinet style is quite the looker in my opinion.

Super lookin' job!!
Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap

Eric,

Beautiful job!!!

What did you have to do to the band switch to get it moving? I've not had a frozen one yet, but I hear it happens, so it would help to have an idea how to deal with it.

Really good job. Where did you get the large pieces of veneer?

PAradiogeek: If you read this thread: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread...110&page=2  It will give you an idea of how to free up the band switch.

Mike: I got the veneer here: Rockler I used the pressure sensitive type. It is really easy to work with.

Everyone else: Thanks for your comments. It  means a lot when I hear it from my friends on the Phorum Icon_thumbup

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL