Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

pioneer sx1500td blowing fuse

The wires I removed were shielded. I do belive they are all shielded on all the inputs and out puts of the boards.
The way I had it hooked up the Vol. control was out of circuit. as the in1 and 2 of con. amp went to volume control.
I have put everything back to pre test.
I appreciate all the help you provided. It had to be a pain to trouble shoot remotely. I might try the AK forum. I have never asked anything over there.
If I do get this resolved I will be sure to let you know via this thread and so any others that has followed this will know what it turned out to be. Again thanks.

Well, an extra expert opinion would not hurt.

PS. Remember, once all is working, you need to align the output amps.

Yes, Mike, please keep us posted.

I'll see you over there - I am also an AK member. Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Will do. I did not realize you were a member of AK till the other day. I found your post on changing the dial lamps on your pioneer. Good info. You saved me possible damage to mine when I get to them.

What is AK?

Audiokarma:

http://www.audiokarma.org/

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

A-ha. Thanks.
It's just when someone says AK, it has very stable association with a particular weapon for me.
Though I suspected that was not about the weapon. But could not project AK onto something having to do with radio......

The first thing I think of when I hear or see the initials "AK" is Atwater Kent. Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

We had our research center chairman back in Russia, his initials were AK, so this is hiw we called him sometimes...,

Thought I would put final update on here.
I tried the Audio Karma forum and did not get any responses to my request for help.
I guess this receiver will become a parts radio if needed.
I took a chance on buying another sx-1500td off the bay for $20.00 that said lights up but no output.
After getting it. I cleaned all the switches and looked the insides over.
Fired it up and it plays great. Its now my work room receiver.
I did add new blue led dial lamps. Looks good.
Guess I'll never know what the FM problem is on the other one.

Mike, I had been watching for your post but never saw one. ??? I was looking in the Pioneer Audio section, did you post it somewhere else? You might try posting again, in the Pioneer Audio section.
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Well, since you bought another SX-1500TD and it is working, you can always use the other one for parts to keep the good one going?

I see you added blue LEDs behind the dial. I used white. I suppose I could have used blue, since the dial lights up blue anyway.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Someone else at AK had a low FM problem with their SX-1500TD. The culprit turned out to be Q204, an LM703, on the FM-IF board. I don't know if this will help you, but here's the thread:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthr...p?t=641443

Edit: I just found your AK thread. I'll post something there, maybe it will help wake someone up.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron. I went by an old nickname when I signed up.
I probably did not phrase my problem very clearly to cause someone to respond.
I originally had composed a much more detailed explanation but took so long when I went to post it I was I guess auto logged off.

I've noticed AK is slow/sluggish lately. The problem could just be on my end.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thought I would post a new update on the pioneer FM problem. ITS FIXED!!
I just could not leave this problem alone and continued to learn about stereos through some older FM stereo trouble shooting books I purchased.
Finally traced the trouble to the MC1304p integrated circuit on the MPX board.
After trying for 2 weeks to find this IC. or a compatible replacement. I got another complete MPX board and installed it and the thing came to life. Plays good but I will need to replace dial lamps and learn how to adjust the bias and idle current.
A thanks to morzh and Ron for thier assistance with this. Just wanted you guys and anyone else that had followed this thread to know what it turned out to be.