Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-690

Well I ended up getting this set the other day from a friend of mine. Front and sides of cabinet may be saved but the top needs refinishing. Behind front doors is very,very nice. Needs a couple resonators as these are missing the rear supports but I have extras I can use in it.

I think this will be sitting for quite a while before I can work on it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's a pic of the rear...

Pretty clean overall.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like a great acquisition.

A great find. Well worth restoring. I just got mine back from a nice fellow who tuned mine up for me.
Wonderful high quality cabinet construction and veneers.

Chassis is very clean.

Thanks everyone for the replies...
The price was right so I decided to buy it. This guy finds some really nice radios and usually flips them within a week or so at a good price.

(12-03-2014, 08:44 PM)thirtiesradio Wrote:  Thanks everyone for the replies...
The price was right so I decided to buy it. This guy finds some really nice radios and usually flips them within a week or so at a good price.

So lucky! I am GREEN with envy! Icon_mrgreen

(12-05-2014, 01:45 AM)palegreenthumb Wrote:  

So lucky!  I am GREEN with envy!   Icon_mrgreen

Thank you. I really like the 690 series.

(12-05-2014, 10:06 PM)thirtiesradio Wrote:  
(12-05-2014, 01:45 AM)palegreenthumb Wrote:  

So lucky!  I am GREEN with envy!   Icon_mrgreen

Thank you. I really like the 690 series.

Nice!  Looks suspiciously like the one the guy was selling when I bought the 37-116 Icon_think .  If it's the same one, it was buried behind a lot of things in his garage.  Must of been a bear getting it out.  Very heavy radio.

- Geoff

(12-09-2014, 01:20 AM)Geoff Wrote:  Nice!  Looks suspiciously like the one the guy was selling when I bought the 37-116 Icon_think .  If it's the same one, it was buried behind a lot of things in his garage.  Must of been a bear getting it out.  Very heavy radio.

- Geoff

Yes, this is the same set Geoff. He said you had been out just before me to get your 37-116.

It took both of us to lift it through all the stuff in his garage and then we hand-trucked it the rest of the way. Had to leave it in the SUV overnight because of the rain. He didn't have this very long. I was just out there a few weeks back and bought the complete insides for a 37-690 in near mint condition and he said he bought this soon after.

I think we both got nice sets Icon_biggrin  

Wow! I guess thats what friend are for. LOL . Good luck with your great new set!

(12-09-2014, 08:55 AM)PhilcoJohn Wrote:  Wow! I guess thats what friend are for. LOL . Good luck with your great new set!

Your right about that Icon_biggrin  Thanks John