Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Almost Finished With The 39-30

This would be called  Refreshed  as it is not exactly looking factory new.

I have spent some time during the past few months working with this 39-30 fixer and finally it is almost done, as far as I can go.

I still have to make and install the Station Numbers for the push buttons.  I am amazed how well a lowly 6 tube receiver works!  

Now on to the next project, whatever that is.......
G.

Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap

Very nicely done and a great radio (I have one).
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

(01-09-2015, 03:22 PM)philconerd Wrote:  This would be called  Refreshed  as it is not exactly looking factory new.

I have spent some time during the past few months working with this 39-30 fixer and finally it is almost done, as far as I can go.

I still have to make and install the Station Numbers for the push buttons.  I am amazed how well a lowly 6 tube receiver works!  

Now on to the next project, whatever that is.......
G.
   Cabinet looks great , that's a nice radio. Good job

Nice restoration job. You should be very happy with its performance. I have a 39-35, and it is surprisingly the best performing radio of my small collection. Ron has a very good link on this phorum for reproducing the station call letter tabs.

Very nice! I have a Canadian version, a 39-330AT. Its cabinet is identical to the USA 39-25T, the chassis is very similar to the USA 39-30T but has six pushbuttons instead of eight. Yes, these are excellent performers to only have six tubes. Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

That looks really nice. You did a good job.

I've got a 39-30 as well, waiting patiently for it's turn to be restored. I hope when I'm finished mine looks as nice and works as well as yours.

Tom

Looks great! Very nice table top radio Icon_biggrin