Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

under chassis pic philco 90

Hello fella's,
Wondering if anyone has a good clear under chassis pic of a model 90 later model with 1 #47 tube?
Would like to bring my hacked chassis back to original if possible.
Looks like someone may have added new caps to the top of some of the bakelite block.
murf

I have a Philco 90 with one 47 tube.  I just started on it and it appears completely original.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yep. That's a virgin chassis alright. Appears untouched to my eyes.

Maybe the power cord looks to have been replaced a while ago, but BBlocks
not messed with. Original metal-capped dogbones and mica caps.
See no other out of place wiring changes or additions....metal can cap hardware
still has corrosion in spots on back wall, etc.

Chuck

That's the one alright.
Thanks for the help. It will help a lot.
Obviously someone has taken some shortcuts on mine.
murf

Let me know if you need something with higher resolution.

I went through mine and found most of the resistors drifted upward beyond 20%. And the first detector transformer is open.

Thanks for the offer.
I noticed a set of coils on ebay for a 90 model.
Is that number 7 item on the schematics?
Mine needs repair as well as I was not getting the 250 volts to the front 24 tube.
Check out those coils on ebay.
murf

Well the underside looks pretty good, although all the paper and electolytic capacitors must be replaced. Topdside, I feel the tuning capacitor will have to be removed, cleaned, lubed, and well if there are trimmers, count turns to tight,k disassemble, clean, reassemble, and bring to original turns, you will be close when you finally realign the set. Should keep you busy 'till spring.

Thanks for the tip, murf. Yes, it's the #7 coil that is open.

I just checked the tubes, an find all but two are good. All but one are Philco brand.

Thanks for the tip, codefox. The rust on the capacitor plates worry me. I plan on disassembling the whole tuner for restoration.