Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 16b Found dead

Heres what the guts looked when I got it, then after the rebuild sounds great . PS cabinet before and after can be found at cabinet section on this site

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow looks great. Nice rescue from crustyness. Icon_thumbup

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
                           /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

[Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/smi...on_eek.gif]  Chris

Nice job!

Yes, a very nice job of taking it from a rust bucket to a thing of beauty.
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Very good job! Looks great.

Nice Job ! Wish you had some under chassis before and after pics too.

I thought the before and after chassis was right there....

What did you use on the tube shields? I have some here that need to look as good as yours!

Mike, K9UW
Amherst, WI

Mike, K9UW
Amherst, WI

I love seeing when someone takes a radio like this, that most people would think is beyond hope, and resurrecting it from the dead. Great job!

(01-06-2015, 11:39 PM)k9uw Wrote:  What did you use on the tube shields?  I have some here that need to look as good as yours!

Mike, K9UW
Amhers
      I used a product called e-coat, its made for engine compartments on newer cars and comes in 3 different colors, call your local auto paint supply place and ask for it. it comes in a raddle can , good stuff. The olive color is real close to a lot of tube sheilds like Philco . If you like rust like they do on American  pickers just leave them alone Icon_wave

(01-07-2015, 01:26 PM)Geoff Wrote:  I love seeing when someone takes a radio like this, that most people would think is beyond hope, and resurrecting it from the dead.  Great job!
  THANK YOU FROM DALLAS TX

Nice job! I have a Philco 16L in a Lowboy style cabinet that I plan to work on in the next few months. I've heard that the 16 sounds great.

Hi Fred,

You did a beautiful job on this 16B. Looks brand new.

You mentioned in the title that this Philco 16B was dead when you got it. What was wrong with this 16B that caused it to die?

Tom