Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DONT YELL AT ME I HAVE FEELINGS

Restored in a non factory  , wanted to try something different

Attached Files Image(s)

I KNOW THAT THIS PHILCO 40-190 IS NOT LIKE IT WAS INTENED TO LOOK LIKE BUT , I WANTED TO SPIFF IT UP A LITTLE. WHAT DO ALL THINK Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbdown ?

Attached Files Image(s)

I think it looks nice Icon_thumbup ! Okay it isn't original, but you didn't do anything to it that can't be undone in the future. It is after all your radio so if you like it, that's all that matters!
Kevin

I like it better. If one came up around here that looked that good, I'd actually be interested!

(01-07-2015, 10:55 PM)palegreenthumb Wrote:  I like it better. If one came up around here that looked that good, I'd actually be interested!

+1

I think the radio looks very nice the way you have done it. Only a Philco expert would notice any differences. If it works as well as it looks, you have done a great job ! Icon_clap

Fred,

I think your radio looks really nice!

One of the side benefits is that other non-radio type people might see it and start to take an interest in these old radios.  You never know where that will lead.

Tom

Awsome! Icon_thumbup

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Amazing! It looks great.

Fred, I have one of these models and I can honestly say you did such a quality job in your work, it took me a couple moments to notice that something was different. Icon_biggrin (Okay, I spotted the relocation of the Philco decal, but only because my cabinet is sunburned and there's a ghost of where it should be. ;) )

It isn't factory, but it COULD have been. I like your re-imagining of the lacquer toning... in fact I've wondered for years why Philco did the pattern but then didn't take advantage of it.

(01-09-2015, 10:24 AM)DeckApe Wrote:  Fred, I have one of these models and I can honestly say you did such a quality job in your work, it took me a couple moments to notice that something was different. Icon_biggrin  (Okay, I spotted the relocation of the Philco decal, but only because my cabinet is sunburned and there's a ghost of where it should be. ;) )

It isn't factory, but it COULD have been.  I like your re-imagining of the lacquer toning... in fact I've wondered for years why Philco did the pattern but then didn't take advantage of it.
  Thanks for compliment . I thought that's where the decal goes? Do you see any thing else that is different from the original ?

I think it's gorgeous!! Great job!

Fred, you have to rank with the top of the cabinet restores on this Phorum. You have posted a lot of your work and thanks. I only wish I could do cabinets that well. Your chassis work is equally as great.
Thanks for joining the group.
Best, Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Simply beautiful.  No one will yell at you!

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

Great looking radio. It needed to be jazzed up a little because it was a boring small tube set. Now its not boring looking I really like how it came out!