Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco model 630 ?

Will the guts of 630  tombstone work in 630 console - speaker

Chassis - yes.

Speaker - the 630X used a 10-1/2 inch speaker (H-22) instead of the 8 inch speaker (K-32) used in the tombstone model.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

(01-11-2015, 09:40 PM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  Chassis - yes.

Speaker - the 630X used a 10-1/2 inch speaker (H-22) instead of the 8 inch speaker (K-32) used in the tombstone model.
Thanks Ron , I restored a console cabinet  and then started on the chassis but some has been in it before and its all jacked up , wires everwhere , so I think finding one un touched would be my best choice right now. Thank you Fred Taylor

Unless the 630X chassis is really a lost cause, such as many important and hard to find parts missing, excessive rust, etc.,  it may take as much effort to find another chassis as it would to repair what you already have in hand.  I've found it's often easier to find a good duplicate set then it is a rebuildable chassis, and I wouldn't even contemplate sacrificing a table model to salvage a console unless the console had some sort of sentimental attachment. I'm not sure how much was changed between the two but you could also look for a model 620 chassis, as far as I can tell the main difference was the addition of a shadow meter which could be added from the existing chassis. The factory service info from Philco was pretty good for including parts placement diagrams as well as a matching parts list so it would not take long to make an inventory of what may be missing.
Regards
Arran