Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

46-1201 Tuning Issues

Recapped my 46-1201, (Bing Crosby), and got the record player playing perfectly and with a new cartridge.  The odd thing is that when tuned to the radio side, unless I put my finger on the tuning condenser, I cannot get any broadcast channels.  When I touch it, the am channels come in loud and clear.  I tried attaching a wire to the condenser, but that only leaves garbled sounds, not clear at all unless I press on that condenser.  All the tubes tested strong also.  Does anyone have any idea what the issue is?  The phono plays loud and clear also.

One more thing, when the antenna is disconnected, the band picks up the same one or twostrange amateur or religious stations at many different spots on the band. Once I connect the 2 antenna leads, these stations go away.

Bekueve this is your set:
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...013584.pdf
I'd check T1 your antenna coil and it's connections first.

Yes, that is the set. I will check the coil that is mounted on top of the tuning condenser.  The antenna leads were connected correctly, but I did not replace that one capacitor that attaches to the coil.  I am not sure if that would make any difference.