Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

I finally found a good one!

Everytime I find one of these it has cracked veneer on the top curved portion, this one is ok.  I've wanted one for several years.  This was on CL for 3 hours when I saw it stting in my in-laws in Queens tonight.  Kirk, it wasn't far from you in Belmore.  I flew over and paid $60 for it.  Now to get it home.  One thing I noticed on this and all the others I saw was the top gets loose and if you try to pick it up it will come off and crack the curved portion of the veneer.  I'll bring some glue and clamps next time I visit to bring it home. 

It is missing a clarifier and the dial and glass.  I have two parts chassis and a broken cabinet with those parts in tact.

Steve

[Image: http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a414...75ed19.jpg]

steve
nice find and steal
I`ll be over to pick up  don`t tell mike Icon_thumbup
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

(01-17-2015, 09:51 PM)sam Wrote:  steve
nice find and steal
I`ll be over to pick up  don`t tell mike Icon_thumbup
sam

I have to hide it now!

I have one, I do not need another one.....but nice buy nevertheless.

Nice pickup steve!

Thanks John.  It seems there are still a lot of them out there, just never close to me until now. 

Icon_problem I know where their is a nice old corvette  Icon_thumbup

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

(01-20-2015, 07:34 PM)sam Wrote:  Icon_problem I know where their is a nice old corvette  Icon_thumbup

Now I have to hide that too!

Come on share your toys  Icon_mrgreen

mafiamen2

If you help me put it back together maybe. It is in a least 100 pieces right now.  

Nice radio! $60 is a steal Icon_smile

(01-17-2015, 09:19 PM)SteveJB Wrote:  Everytime I find one of these it has cracked veneer on the top curved portion, this one is ok.  I've wanted one for several years.  This was on CL for 3 hours when I saw it stting in my in-laws in Queens tonight.  Kirk, it wasn't far from you in Belmore.  I flew over and paid $60 for it.  Now to get it home.  One thing I noticed on this and all the others I saw was the top gets loose and if you try to pick it up it will come off and crack the curved portion of the veneer. 

That's how I got mine. The previous owner picked it up by the top and just about pulled it off. The front is cracked and you could probably lift it off with out too much effort. It was good to get at the time but I don't see getting to it soon.                  Good luck with yours.
                                        Henry

Thanks Henry, the curved veneer is very hard to repair.  I will use my other one as a parts set to fix this one.