Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Antenna wire placement for 40-195

Hello, I am ready to put this chassis back in the cabinet but I am not sure where to connect each wire that comes from the antenna. There are 4 screws, labeled 1, 2, 3, 4 and a separate two screws, labeled antenna and ground. There are 5 wires to connect to the 5 screws but I have no idea where to put each wire. They were not connected when I got the radio. Hope someone understands what I am referring to and maybe can shed some light on this. Thanks!!!

Hi

The five wires are in different colors. You may have to use a very bright light on them to distinguish some of them, but here are the color codes:

WHITE with GREEN tracer - Terminal #1
WHITE with RED tracer - Terminal #2
WHITE with YELLOW tracer (this wire comes from the single-turn SW loop under the top of the set) - Terminal #3
BLACK (rubber) - Terminal #4
WHITE (rubber) - ANT terminal

The other wire coming from the single-turn SW loop under the top of the cabinet is probably a bare wire, and it connects to a screw on the side of the tuning condenser frame.

Hope this helps.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hi Ron,
Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for. Glad you understood my question. Icon_smile

Wow...I just got to moving the wires around. I do not even need an outside antenna. My Police (Low SW) Band has really come alive for the first time! Thanks a lot Ron, the radio works great now!!