Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Two lamps in the shadow dial of a Philico 37-630

Greetings,

Can anyone please tell me the spec on the two lamps / bulbs that are with the shadow dial in a Philco 37-630? I'd like to order two new ones and all i have are the old original and i cannot find any numbers on them to use to place an order.

Also, I have been sent to a website that carries colored cloth covered wires to replace the all the wire bits in the radio that are now brittle and cracked. I like them and would like to use what is on that website. However, I cannot tell the gauge of the existing wire and should it be single strand? is it best to use fabric covered or is there a good vinyl covered wire set that i can buy? or a does anyone know if a good fabric covered wire comes in a set / kit that will cover replacement of all the wire in the 37-630? sort of like one stop shopping?

thank you everyone.
Joe

Check out the information in this web posting by Chuck Schwark.  Your lamp question is answered by Chuck: "There were two types of Shadow Meters; an early model used prior to 1935 or so, and a later type used up through 1938 models. The early types meters used a screw base lamp and the later used a bayonet base lamp. The screw type can be replaced with a type 46 lamp and the bayonet type replaced by a type 44. Both are rated at 6.3 volts drawing 250 milliamps."