Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Prices

I'm planning to sell three of my Philcos at the spring swap meet next year to try to get one really nice radio. Perhaps a nice Philco console or a Zenith tombstone. What do y'all think would be a good collective price for my 37-62, my 39-30, and my 84B? The 37-62 works, but it needs a very long antenna to do anything. The 39-30 works, but it doesn't go above 1/4 volume or else it starts screeching, and the 84B needs a new oscillator.

Slave to an RCA Victor CTC-25

I think you need to bring them to the club meeting Saturday and let me buy them for $20 each. If not, at least come to the meeting. Everybody's been asking about you; we thought you'd gotten married or something.

LOL. I'll be back up there not this Saturday but the next. I need to get at least $160 for all three, otherwise I'd be losing money. This weekend is the World's Longest Yardsale. It starts in Gadsden AL and goes all the way to Michigan. Here is the website.

Wow ....What has happened to collecting radios in general ? I collect the ones that really catch my eye and that I really like. Lately I have seen to many posts about how much they are worth or what I could sell it for. I hope this is not what is happening to this hobby. I really feel bad about whats happening.

Relax. I just want to get a NICE radio out of these three lesser radios. They'll still be in radio collections, just not mine.

I should also add that I'll be looking very carefully for antique radios to buy at The World's Longest Yardsale.  

One of the radios on my wish list is the Philco 42-380. It has to be one of my favorite Philco consoles ever made.