Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-675X Opinions

Is a 37-675X Deluxe a hard to find or desirable radio.  I don't remember seeing many of them for sale.  No idea what the chassis condition is, except that it looks complete.  The cabinet looks like it has a beautiful original finish. Speaker grill cloth looks like it may need replacing, but maybe no refinishing needed. Once again, though, I'm electronically challenged, so any chassis restoration will have to be outsourced...  It has the motorized dial.  Opinions?

it is a good radio.Not too common. Not supervaluable but still is valuable.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thanks. So far, they seem to think $300 is what they ought to get for it. I think that's toooo much and wished them well on their sale. I would be more interested in it at half the price.... Is it a more expensive radio than the 37-116?

I just purchased my 37-116 in just as nice of shape for $200. I didn't want to pay that much but it was close by, absolutely complete(has the original operating manual), and my wife said it was okay Icon_lol .  I just didn't want to let it go over $50 because I was going to offer $150. The guy said he had another person interested that would pay his asking price if I didn't buy it but I was the first to call, so he gave me the first shot at it. Its all about how much you want the radio and if you can justify spending the asking price. I personally think its too high since you will be sending the chassis out to get redone, but its your money. I would wait and see if they get any other offers and if they dont, then go in with your offer. Good luck, shes a pretty Philco!

I agree and will wait it out a bit. I like the looks of the 37-116 too. Are these rubber coated wire radios? That always adds to the price of the chassis resto.

It has the motorized dial.

Never seen one with a motorize dial! Dial is manual will presets. It's a good set but the 37-116 is a better one. You'll have to wait two more years for sets with rubber wire '39. But you are lucky (not) it does have a RF sub chassis just like the 37-116.

Terry

(08-01-2015, 05:57 AM)Radioroslyn Wrote:   It has the motorized dial.

Never seen one with a motorize dial! Dial is manual will presets. It's a good set but the 37-116 is a better one. You'll have to wait two more years for sets with rubber wire '39. But you are lucky (not) it does have a RF sub chassis just like the 37-116.

Terry

Terry,
My mistake on the terminology for the dial. Sorry. I do like the looks of the 37-116 better. This one is close to me so it became a little interesting. 
Steve

If you ever get over to Philly I can hook you up with a '375.

Terry

Philly is a bit of a drive from California. Haven't been there since '82... I thought this was a nice looking radio, but at $300 in not working condition, they'll own it for some time to come.....Not sure what a '375 is?

The 37-675 is a pretty good set and uncommon compared to many other high tube count Philcos. 

Terry, If he does not want the 37-675 I know someone who does........  Icon_wink Icon_wink

I like that radio, but the owners are stuck on their $300 price so far, so for now it's a bit of a waiting game. Terry mentioned a '375 and I don't know what model that is, unless he meant the 37-675. I'm all the way on the other side of the country too, so shipping would be ugly....

I have a 37-675. It has very good audio. I gave $80.00 for mine. It's weak point is the RF coils. I had to repair one antenna coil and the osc coil in mine and that was a very difficult job. But it receives very good and has a lot of bass. Also the caps in the RF are very hard to get to. It is very much like the 37-116 but does no have the variable selective IF bandwidth. It has cloth covering wireing. All in it is a good sounding radio. Icon_thumbup It does not have motor tuning.
Joe

Joe Bratcher near Louisville, KY

(07-31-2015, 11:20 PM)sdradioman Wrote:  I just didn't want to let it go over $50 because I was going to offer $150. The guy said he had another person interested that would pay his asking price if I didn't buy it but I was the first to call, so he gave me the first shot at it.

Tell him to sell to the other guy, then tell him to have a nice day. Chances are there is no other interested party. Not at that price, anyway.

The 37-675 is not as common as the 37-116. The 37-116 is the superior performer of the two since it has variable IF bandwidth for high fidelity reception...something the 37-675 lacks.

TA Forbes Wrote:Terry, If he does not want the 37-675 I know someone who does........ Icon_wink Icon_wink

Darn, Tom, you beat me to it!

No, just kidding...I don't really have room for one...Tom, I have no doubt you would give that set a very good home. Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN