Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

41-610 121 light string gudie for the bands

My string broke on the knop that controls the light. Making it go up and down as you turn the switch. Anyone have a diagram how it goes together, I have the spring as well. R=

Thank you in advance
Jeff

Welcome to the Phorum!!  There is a dial stringing guide here 
http://www.theoldradiofixerupperguy.com/...0cord.html
That includes your radio.  Hope that helps.

thank you , that Is for the dial only niot the light for the bands is not in there .

OK. I don't have that model so don't know what light string you mean but hopefully someone here will jump in and help you out. 

hi jeff
do you mean the band selection light on right that changes with bands
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

yes it is

Thanks Sam...I didn't realize there were sets that had moving lights.... Icon_eek 

I don`t know if I have a 610 I`ll look
but I have a 608 I can pull out sat and get pic`s  I think will be close
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

The 41-610 chassis is similar to a 41-250, 41-255, 41-280, 41-285, 41-287, 41-290 or 41-296 chassis.

Early production of these sets used individual lamps to indicate each band. Then Philco cheapened the sets by changing to a single lamp that could be moved up and down in a bracket, and dial cord connected to the band switch shaft via a flywheel.

The problem with the movable lamp is that they usually do not stay in alignment. Poor design. Individual lamps were much better, but I suppose the bean counters said it cost too much... Icon_rolleyes

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

do you know how the string is configured, looking for a diagram and I can not find it ,

There is no published diagram that I know of.

Here is a quick, crude drawing based on a drawing I made some years ago and just found.

[Image: http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k420/...g~original]

*see text = This is a piece of stiff wire mounted to the outside of the chassis which supports the dial cord. It has several curves in it, not the straight zig-zag lines as shown above.

The tab is on the side of the band indicator, and hooks onto the dial cord.

The pulley is on the inside of the metal which holds the dial scale.

Sorry, no photos. I do not own any of the models which use this configuration. If someone with a 41-250, 41-255, 41-280, 41-285, 41-287, 41-290, 41-296 or 41-610 is willing to photograph their chassis in this area and post here, it may help further.

Hope this is of some help.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Edit: Drawing corrected above 02/14/2015.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

thank you
Jeff

thanks for drawling ron
I don`t have one with spring
mine all just go straight up and connect
sam

mafiamen2

Really? I thought it had a spring...I could be wrong...it's been a while since I owned any of those Philco models.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN