Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How I spent my Sunday afternoon...

....restoring this 1942 Model 42-321T!

OK, two in one weekend...that's a record for me. But this one required very little cosmetic restoration; the finish is all original. I just had to touch up some of the dark trim. Much like the 1948 model I did yesterday, the electronic restoration only required a recap...along with some crumbling wire replacement. Now I didn't replace all of the rubber wire, only those that were either badly cracked or just starting to crack. The others were examined and if they were in no danger of touching anything else and were still somewhat pliable, without cracking when moved, I let them be.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Beautiful job! Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

This too is a great looking radio.  I've often wondered why the radio manufacturers but the meter band on AM radios.  By the mid to late 30's the US had dropped the usage of meter band below 120 meters. Perhaps to make the customer feel like there are two bands?  Beautiful radio.

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

Great job!! Very nice looking.

looks great Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_thumbup

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Very neat, I like the look.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Wow, that looks nice!

No matter where you go, there you are.

As Andy would say "you did one fine job."