Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Mikes 16B, Not Sams

Here we go again!

Cabinet time is coming up. It is warm enough to at least start the repairs outside. I need a break from Tradio land, Icon_rolleyes

Here she is!

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

First you should exhorcize the spirits of all the dead rodents, woodboring insects and cockroaches from there Icon_smile

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Mike, after sending that to Kirk you have the nerve to complain about a small chassis with slight evidence that a rodent might have wandered near it?   Icon_mrgreen 

Kirks new house will probably become infested with some type of exotic wood borer from Malaysia  Icon_shh

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

He could use a pet Icon_smile

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I did just pull a chassis on a rare Emerson Ingraham and holy crap it is dirty. No mice but tons of crud!

No MIKE, it is not going to you Icon_lol

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

I think all Enerson had Ingraham cabinets....I am yet to see one that wasn't.

What so special about Ingraham anyways?
Seems like everyone who lists a 30-s Emerson says "Ingraham cabinet".

Not sure, I don't see anything special about them but I will take the money gladly.

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

This will be Ingrahamous money Icon_smile

They're not all Ingraham cabinets, and many that are claimed to be really aren't.   Ingraham made fancy clocks with cabinets in complex shapes.  As radios became smaller they obviously branched into radio cabinets.  The most commonly seen are Emerson, but they made some for a few others as well.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

(04-02-2015, 12:48 PM)morzh Wrote:  I think all Enerson had Ingraham cabinets....I am yet to see one that wasn't.

What so special about Ingraham anyways?
Seems like everyone who lists a 30-s Emerson says "Ingraham cabinet".

Mike;
 As far as I can tell the B.S over the Emerson sets with "Ingraham Cabinets" started with the Mark Stein picture books that came out in the 1990s. Those books, while they are interesting to flick through, are full of erroneous information and some was just plain fabricated, most notoriously that Philco manufactured radios of poor quality. Not only do his books claim every Emerson had an Ingraham cabinet he claims the same with Stewart Warner, Firestone, Truetone, and even Zenith cabinets, all three were built in the Chicago area and would have used regional furniture and or cabinet companies, not a company in Connecticut. Basically any smaller table radio from 1938-42, with a somewhat unusual or attractive design, he claimed as having an Ingraham cabinet.
 What was even more nuts is that he attributed "Ingraham" as having built the cabinets for the Canadian G.E KL500. Canadian G.Es were built in Toronto, and in Southern Ontario there were at least a half dozen or more regional furniture companies that could have built cabinets for C.G.E rather then an American outfit.
 As you well know Emerson was a company that specialized in producing inexpensive radios, and whilst there are some that had interesting cabinet designs, made by Ingraham, there were not really high quality either, not compared to something like a Stromberg. Ingraham was like the Emerson of time pieces, they specialized in building inexpensive clocks, particularly by the time they started working for Emerson making radio cabinets.
Regards
Arran

Guess who started Veneering today!

This guy Icon_mrgreen

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

Again?
There are support groups, "Veneerers anonimous" for the folks like you. You go there, sit in a circle, confess your habit, describe how you started veneering, first once a month, then once a week, and now you have to veneer every day, sometimes multiple times.

Its YOUR cabinet! Icon_lol

As of 1/01/2021

There will be others! I am not suggesting you quit cold turkey right now, do it gradually, wean yourself off it......first you do my cabinets and some others, than less others, than eventually - only mine. And then as my collection saturates, we can reduce the volume and eventually stop altogether. And you can pick up another habit.....I heard they legalized pot.... Icon_lol

(04-09-2015, 10:50 AM)morzh Wrote:  There will be others! I am not suggesting you quit cold turkey right now, do it gradually, wean yourself off it......first you do my cabinets and some others, than less others, than eventually - only mine. And then as my collection saturates, we can reduce the volume and eventually stop altogether. And you can pick up another habit.....I heard they legalized pot.... Icon_lol

yep get doped up and do a shabby chic to mike cabinets Icon_e_wink

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2