Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sad little 44

I made about $80.00, spent $20.00, It was ok but it was Easter so turnout was a little weak. Next one is right before K-Town so I dont think I am gonna go. The old guys are CHEAP! Icon_lol

It is at a Train station in Seaford every first sunday of the month.

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

There is nothing wrong with the 44/144 sets, although many overlook them because they are "only" a six tube set. 

I believe Philco came up with a winner with these models. A good one will really pull in the stations, especially SW. 

I think that I would sooner keep a model 44 then a model 89, the model 89s are much more common, and they have a crappy autodyne oscillator circuit, and only have two bands at most.
Regards
Arran

Another vote on the 44 over an 89.....

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

If it was in better condition I would.

Its Rons problem now, hehe

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

Whaddya mean, my problem now???

Actually, if the picture in the first post of this thread is any indication, that cabinet is repairable. The chassis would not be a problem - and I have a spare chassis.

So, Kirk - yes, I'll take it. Thanks! Icon_biggrin (I think.) Icon_eek

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Repairable yes but too much work for me. I dont love it so I would not want to put the time into restoring it.

Hence "your problem now" Icon_lol

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

Come on Kirk, what do you mean you don't want to put the time in to restore it? Look at it this way, you won't have to buy more radios! This will keep you busy. Sorry brain fart, no, you will keep buying!

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

nope, no buying unless is is something special. A Halson and such.
I passed her on to Ron so it has a good home.
kirk

As of 1/01/2021

Yes, the 44B, Debbie, and I made it home safely...I will give the 44B a good home...many thanks to Kirk, I really appreciate it.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN