Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poor poor little National HRO Senior L76

After a bit of poking around I put power to it. Don't do this at home! Metered the HV current and stayed at 65ma or so. This was ok . All it wanted to do was motorboat and squeal. Joe didn't put the tube shields on it (did retube it as they where all missing when he got it). So put the shields on that got it calmed down to a nice hiss in the spkr. Plugged in the BC band coil set and  and it worked ... well sort of. Xtal filter controls would cause it to quit. Vol control was very noisy and no avc action/S meter movement.

After fussing with it for a while it got better and better. Using the xtal filter controls that settled down. Wiggling the tubes in there sockets helped too. Cleaned the contacts on the coil units. On the HRO all of the adjustment for the RF,Mixer,and Osc are made on the coil units not on the receiver. So the coil units are tuned for a particular chassis/serial #. I have the 4 stock coils for the L-76 (1.7 to 30mc) and that what I'm using in this one (7C).

So it's playing and pretty good at that. Does it need some work you bet.

Terry N3GTE

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poor poor little National HRO Senior L76 - by Radioroslyn - 05-26-2015, 09:25 PM
OT RCA 6T71 1950 TV - by Radioroslyn - 06-13-2015, 09:19 PM