Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poor poor little National HRO Senior L76

After the chassis cleaning it seemed to be a good time to reinstall the front panel. Got all of the parts together but I'd forgot that all of the screws where still painted with that darn green or grey paint. So into the  citristrip to get them ready for paint. With them all cleaned up mounted into a piece of cardboard they got three coats of wrinkle paint. It takes a good while for it to cure  about two or three days before you can handle  and about a week or two before it completely cures good and hard.

Started to make the index marker for the panel by filling in the tops of some small brass screws with solder and then sanding the solder down to a nice domed head with out the slot. Sounds pretty easy but the solder doesn't take to sanding too well. Was using 220 grit paper and spinning on a drill and it didn't really budge it much at all. Going to use a file to round these heads.

7C has been a lot of fun the play with. After getting her to work. I've listening to her after work and it to night . I get far away places with strange sounding names up on the SW bands and all the familiar sounds of the local BC band. Does a good job with demodulating SSB and CW too. Good and stable.

Terry N3GTE

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poor poor little National HRO Senior L76 - by Radioroslyn - 05-31-2015, 06:21 AM
OT RCA 6T71 1950 TV - by Radioroslyn - 06-13-2015, 09:19 PM