Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poor poor little National HRO Senior L76

Very nice work!!!
I'm kinda a hacker at this stuff. Most smart folk will pick a good candidate for restoration, very clean and very unmolested. Not me I always get the rusted dirty hulks than nobody wants. It's cheaper that way in the short term but you sure can kill alot of time making them look and work ok not great but ok. Like the RAS OMG!!

The NC-200 cabinet got a fresh paint job. It's was starting to show some discoloration from rust. I think that was back in '90 or 91. The bushing on both the 100X and 200 are metal. One of sets I don't remember which one the bushing would slide out of the catacomb frame. Really binds up the works. I remember reading that is plastic or teflon cap used to cover a coax connector that makes a nice replacement for the bushing. It needed a lot of resistors replaced I was surprised at how many had drifted. All the paper caps ect.

It too had a replacement power transformer. It's funny the bottom looks like the original with terminals and such but the top has a standard chassis mount bell on it not the one with a logo stamped in to it.

Terry N3GTE

Messages In This Thread
OT RCA 6T71 1950 TV - by Radioroslyn - 06-13-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Poor poor little National HRO Senior L76 - by Radioroslyn - 08-20-2015, 05:53 PM