Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poor poor little National HRO Senior L76

So for all yous guy's that are waiting with baited breathe Russ was kind enough to return my email. Russ was a previous owner of this set. He owned it for a year or so in the early 1960's and was the one that replaced the paper caps in it. He sez it was already green when got it. When he sold it he was looking for better rx for this new thing called single sideband(my words not his) Was replaced with a Collins set. $200/1934 technology verses $500/1955 technology.

Here's a few final pics. I had a lot of fun getting this guy back in good working order. And am looking forward using it as a station receiver in studio B (up stairs ham shack). Will be constructing a power supply for it, have been using the one for my 2 toob regen. I don't have an original spkr/cabinet for it but do have a universal metal spkr from the '30s and hope to be able fit the p/s inside it.

Will probably revisit L76 when I get studio B put together. Mike, no not you, the Mike with a license maybe when the summer static clears out a bit we can get together on 75 or 40mtrs.
So what to work on next???

Terry N3GTE
ps. It told me it wanted to hang out with it's little bro a 1936 or so SW-3 w/a few coilz.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
OT RCA 6T71 1950 TV - by Radioroslyn - 06-13-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Poor poor little National HRO Senior L76 - by Radioroslyn - 08-23-2015, 12:02 PM