Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

The list of my radio & TV collection!

Fresh acquisition ... Here's a brief description of this radio on my YouTube channel and a translation from Google.

Quote:General Electric mod 150 portable lamp tube radio receiver. USA. 1951. Universal power supply - 110 volts from AC / DC mains or from batteries - anode 90 volts plus 9 volts incandescent batteries. Traditional for the USA in mass models is only the Broadcast range. Five radio tubes, but since the receiver is designed for long-distance reception, there is a cascade of high-frequency resonant amplifier. The rather stylish case is made of thick plastic and therefore is strong and definitely not fragile, as evidenced by the absence of chips and cracks with a large number of scratches and scuffs - the radio definitely did not lie on the shelf.). And despite its portable status, the receiver is quite large in size and has a very large battery compartment, which means it is designed for high-capacity batteries and long battery life from one set. From which we can conclude that the main audience of buyers of this device is active traveling youth and tourists. Thanks to a large loop antenna and an RF amplifier, the receiver has high sensitivity with a low level of interference and a long range of reliable reception, which is of great importance for tourism. A brief user manual is glued on the left wall ... and an unobtrusive advertisement from the manufacturer on the right, which recalls that the device works best with radio tubes from General Electric. )) A sufficiently powerful, sensitive and relatively large speaker with an amplifier power of up to 300 MW provides a sufficient level of volume in traveling conditions, which also contributed to the popularity of this device. But what is most striking about most American portable radios is the fully shielded chassis, which, coupled with a loop antenna, reliably protects against interference. There is one controversial solution - if there is a UHF cascade, only a two-section KPI is used in the radio path, without a section in the mixer, but this is much better than the aperiodic non-resonant UHF, as for example in our VEF Tourist. The traditional one-cycle VLF produces 270 mW of rated power, and this is more than enough for a portable. In the "basement" of the chassis in all American radios it’s half empty - why it’s difficult to do, if it can be done simply. )) But it’s reliable .... Well, the traditional two handles in operation - everything ingenious is simple. ) Therefore, it is not very surprising that this receiver in its almost 70 years turned out to be almost completely operational ...

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3lszZZC...e=emb_logo]

Messages In This Thread
I'm still on the floor laughing! - by terrylett - 01-19-2019, 11:58 AM
RE: The list of my radio & TV collection! - by RadioSvit - 02-10-2020, 09:31 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 02-16-2022, 09:22 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 08:53 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 10:15 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-06-2023, 08:41 AM