Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

The list of my radio & TV collection!

Another receiver that I bought for the New Year. And so the new video ... Icon_biggrin The Google translate so overflowed this text, if wrong then don't throw me tomatoes ... Icon_smile  Icon_mrgreen

Quote:FADA P-80 portable bakelite battery radio. USA 1947.
One of the first post-war portable battery radios in the US, designed primarily for fans of Sunday picnics and hiking. Sturdy bakelite body, militarized design, excellent ergonomics, functionality and thoughtful design ... if I did not know that FADA specializes mainly in simple mass devices then I would suspect the military ancestors of this radio. )). Traditional US radio frame antenna in folding front cover guarantees low noise and interference ... Front and back covers are hung on grand hinges and locked with spring-loaded retainers, providing easy and trouble-free access to batteries and power cords. On the back wall as always - a brief user manual. The radio has universal power - 117 volts or 67 volt anode battery and two "D" cells. Compartment with places with strong traces of corrosion - the old owner apparently forgot to remove the old batteries. ). In the bakelite body is inserted and secured with two screws carrier monoblock with integrated shielded chassis, speaker and battery compartment. Compactness, quality and thoughtfulness of the design are respectful. Well, we're inserting batteries, waiting for summer ... and a picnic? Icon_mrgreen

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFxX8R5wyE4]

Messages In This Thread
I'm still on the floor laughing! - by terrylett - 01-19-2019, 11:58 AM
RE: The list of my radio & TV collection! - by RadioSvit - 02-23-2020, 01:31 PM
462ron - by 462ron - 02-16-2022, 09:22 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 08:53 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 10:15 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-06-2023, 08:41 AM