Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

The list of my radio & TV collection!

Radio gramophone "Sakta". The lone original pearl of the "finger" radio era ...

Quote:Manufacturer - Riga Radio Plant named after Popov. Riga. 1959. I am not a fan of Soviet radio, and even more so on "finger" radio tubes ... But ... This is one of those radios that are always pleasant to listen to and thanks to which you just want to go on air. In addition, I feel a personal nostalgic attachment to this model - just Sakta and Daugava became the first copies in my collection ... This is one of those radios that became a destroyer of Soviet standards for a clear division into classes, a trendsetter in the field of sound quality and a pioneer in many technological processes. Despite the fact that Sakta, according to GOST standards, is a receiver of the 2nd class in many ways, it was the best even for most devices of a class higher. For example, few could compete with her in the sound quality and sound pressure of her large oval speaker from a simple but high-quality amplifier. Here, for the first time in the home appliance industry in the USSR, printed circuit boards were used. Sakta largely imitates the famous Festival and is, as it were, a reduced and simplified functional copy. It was with these two models that the Riga Radio Plant first overtook the WEF in a long-standing confrontation and never again lost its leadership. Until the bankruptcy of both enterprises ... But this is another, albeit sad story ...

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AiudLjD6nM]

Messages In This Thread
I'm still on the floor laughing! - by terrylett - 01-19-2019, 11:58 AM
RE: The list of my radio & TV collection! - by RadioSvit - 03-02-2020, 08:58 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 02-16-2022, 09:22 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 08:53 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 10:15 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-06-2023, 08:41 AM