Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

The list of my radio & TV collection!

Friends, I give everyone a little good mood and optimism ... It's hard to live without them ... My new video.

Quote:Portable, tube and battery radio ... Philips LS 452 UB

- An original representative from the Swedish branch of the leader of the European Radio Industry of Philips Radio.
- A bright Swedish-Dutch alternative to the all-wave portable German "radio chest" and the numerous "transoceans" of the leading US companies - Zenith, RCA, Stromberg Karlson and others ...
- ... with the company of this company are vivid and unique style, charm, technical perfection and creative originality of the design. Battery powered, durable and lightweight wooden case ...
-... a wide short-wave range from 16 to 50 meters, an informative scale and ease of use made this receiver among fishermen and the population in remote areas of the Scandinavian countries.
- Like in most portable radios of the 1950s, the case is also wooden ... but Philips would not be Phillips and would not give out something creative and atypical ... - get a crackle color with imitation of snake skin. )))
- Really universal power is applied, a power cord is hidden by a sliding small door from all possible current networks - direct and alternating current voltage of 110, 127 and 220 volts.
- ... Unfortunately, the instruction on the back wall is almost disinterested for the consumer ... The only information is the types of radio tubes and batteries.
- But the radio tubes here are very interesting ... An early European alternative to American "fingers" - three pieces of the "remlock" type DK-40, DAF40, DAF41 and the output "finger" pentode DL-94, a complete analogue of the American 3V4.
- the value of the anode voltage is 90 volts; two anode batteries of 45 volts are used, with "combined in series.
- The cathodes of all radio tubes with 4 "D" type galvanic cells for their power supply are also connected in series.
- Philips was the first European grandeur back in the 30s to abandon speakers with electric magnetization using magnets made of rare-earth materials ...
- Lightweight aluminum chassis is not a fad - in a portable radio it is rather a necessity to reduce the weight of the radio.
- Another interesting feature of this receiver is two loop antennas, cut into grooves around the perimeter of the wooden case. One works on LW / BC, and the second on SW range.
- A strange neighborhood on the chassis of the contours of different eras ..., - coming from the 30s, and intermediate from the 50s. )
- This model was made in Sweden and sold only in the countries of Scandinavia, there is very little information on it ... But because ... "to be continued." )))

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VG-JxxceZ4]

Messages In This Thread
I'm still on the floor laughing! - by terrylett - 01-19-2019, 11:58 AM
RE: The list of my radio & TV collection! - by RadioSvit - 03-25-2020, 10:18 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 02-16-2022, 09:22 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 08:53 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 10:15 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-06-2023, 08:41 AM