Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

The list of my radio & TV collection!

The radio is in great shape, no shipping damage seems to be present, and the box was undamaged in the firts place. In fact I am yet to see any damage caused by Meest delivery.

I called mom on Skype and showed her the radio. The first thing she said was "A Telefunken?".
(No she could not see the small logo well at all; it took bringing the cam almost to the logo and then try to focus it to show her the text).

Then she told me, that my grandpa acquired the radio not while on Far East (though the radio came from there) but while in Saratov, my birthplace, from someone, who told him they could procure it. This was either in 1949 or 1950. But not just that.
This radio was illegal to own or operate as it had SW band. It was illegal to listen to SW.
Funny, but the Soviet superhets were also manufactured with SW, but the all SW bands were sealed and it was illegal to unseal and use them, until some time after Stalin died.

She told me my grandpa was listening to Voice of America on this radio, and she remembers the bnoises it made when tuning into it. She said grandpa was listening to it at very low volume, so the neighbors could not hear it, and he almost kept his ear to the speaker. He also told the whole family that no one outside should know they had it ever, else they could be in trouble.

The only difference is the color. The one they owned was more like wood-colored, and this one is maroon.
I have seen blue and green ones being sold, and the cheaper 1345 version was black.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Messages In This Thread
I'm still on the floor laughing! - by terrylett - 01-19-2019, 11:58 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 02-16-2022, 09:22 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 08:53 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 10:15 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-06-2023, 08:41 AM
RE: The list of my radio & TV collection! - by morzh - 03-16-2023, 07:06 PM