Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

The list of my radio & TV collection!

MrFixr

The "radiotochkas" were basically transmitting a regular entertainment/news programming, a standard one, possibly "Mayak" radiostation (the main radio station of the USSR, the name meaning "a beacon, a lighthouse").

I doubt it could be easily listened to. The article (one of them I gave) in fact describes that very thing the kids did, but that would involve using high-impedance headphones. Plus many people simply did not use it.
I used ours to put in my first transistor amp from a kit my dad bought for me, as a cabinet.

The programming was mostly music, the Soviet one, or from the satellite countries, then the country's news ("Vesti s poley" - news from the fields, the "battle for harvest" as they call it, not sure why it was always "the battle" - i guess Russins just like to turn everything into a battle), international news (good things about the Eastern block, bad about the West, which was rotting non-stop), and "pis'ma trudyaschikhsya" the "letters from the laborers", where various folks wrote about they happy things happening (how they would meet and exceed the manufacturing plans and were so jubilant about it) and asked to play some very patriotic or sentimental song (about mothers, Motherland, or some river or some peripheral town, or about the "house of the parents") for them and the rest of the listeners. Hillarious, Grammy-worthy entertainment.

Yes, I remember the MOH movie; the KGB guy was played by Savely Kramarov, a very famous Soviet comical actor who emigrated and his name was supposed to be deleted from all the movies, except that he played such prominent comic parts in so many movies it was impossible, so they settled to not mentioning his name in the credits section. He was such a happy guy and he was supposed to have his real big break eventually here in Hollywood when he got cancer and died, such a sad story. Any good Soviet comedy (there were many, and they were good) that he was not in is rare than hen's teeth.

"Aphonya", "The gentlemen of Fortune", "Ivan Vasilyevich menyaet professiyu" (Ivan Vasilyevich (Ivan the Terrible) changes the occupation), and many others.

Here's the article in Wiki about him in English, and there is his filmography there.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Messages In This Thread
I'm still on the floor laughing! - by terrylett - 01-19-2019, 11:58 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 02-16-2022, 09:22 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 08:53 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 10:15 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-06-2023, 08:41 AM
RE: The list of my radio & TV collection! - by morzh - 03-18-2023, 09:47 AM