Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

The list of my radio & TV collection!

Quote:I see "Reproduktors" advertised on ePay often. I always wondered that since they were merely a transformer and speaker, was there a "listen" function during the USSR Period so that families could be listened to if "subversive" activity was expected. Could the "powers that be" know if the unit was unplugged?

MrFixr

Listening through a speaker is possible, but it is quite difficult technically and I have never heard of it. And apparently, there was no great reason to listen to every housewife. )) But I know for sure that wiretapping of telephone networks and private telephones was conducted, and in crowded places (theaters, cinemas, restaurants and even beer bars) there were many agents who reported to the special services what people were talking about and the mood of the population. Michael and I lived in the USSR already at a time when there was some weakening of the activity of the special services, but my parents and especially both grandfathers suffered a lot from the communist authorities. They were both prosperous and rich people, one was a big farmer, and the father of my second grandfather was the owner of a chain of butcher shops and a meat processing shop, but the communists nationalized all that and he was sent to a concentration camp, where he died. But his son and my grandfather managed to escape and fought against communism for many years in the ranks of the resistance of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army. However, after her defeat, he was captured and served a sentence of 17 years. Those were terrible times that are hard to even remember

Old Tube Radio Online Museum / Музей ретро радіо
https://www.youtube.com/user/RadioSvit?d...lymer=true

Sincerely Peter
З повагою Петро

Messages In This Thread
I'm still on the floor laughing! - by terrylett - 01-19-2019, 11:58 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 02-16-2022, 09:22 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 08:53 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 10:15 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-06-2023, 08:41 AM
RE: The list of my radio & TV collection! - by RadioSvit - 03-18-2023, 02:20 PM