Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

The list of my radio & TV collection!

I made a new video ... On the recommendation of my friends, I decided to voice all the new videos, so this is the first attempt ... It seems that it is rather untimely, because I caught a little cold and today I have a bad runny nose. Icon_mrgreen Well, nothing, there are subtitles with translation below. Icon_lol And as always, I duplicate the video text in the video description

Quote:I got tired of constantly hearing criticism about the lack of voice support, so sooner or later it had to happen, I gave up and started today. )) Don't judge me harshly, I know how I know, maybe someday I'll learn better...
And sorry for the runny nose ... This is exactly what I was missing now ...))

I will start a new series of videos with a review of the prestigious German superheterodyne Telefunken Spitzen Super T-898 WK from 1938. This is the first model of the company's TOP super on new at that time metal shielded radio lamps of the 11th series, for its specific appearance and extraordinary similarity to the popularly known "helmets".
What else distinguished this model? First of all, with its unique design scale of four narrow scales, which are illuminated depending on the selected range, for which this Telefunken got the name "four scale".
As in the vast majority of German radios of the 30s, there are only three bands. The upper scale is the "Long Wave" range, unfortunately almost dead today, the two middle scales are the "Medium Wave" range, which is still quite active today, and the lower scale is the short-wave range from 16 to 50 meters, which has long been passed its peak of popularity in the 30s...70s and is now gradually declining.
As befits the company's top model, this radio has a high-frequency resonant amplifier, an intermediate frequency amplifier with adjustable bandwidth and a powerful 8-watt, albeit single-cycle, low-frequency amplifier on the legendary EL-12 radio tube.
There are also two options, at that time absent from competitors, this is the Heterodyne Automatic Frequency Adjustment system, which made it possible to stably receive the signals of "walking" radio stations with a fading effect (fading) and the legendary 30-centimeter speaker, which even now is a standard fidelity of the sound of audio systems among audiophiles...
Thanks to the 30-centimeter speaker hidden behind the four scales, the 898 stood out with its innovative design, which makes it impossible to confuse it with any other radio...
So let's listen and evaluate the quality of its reception and sound ....

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ8erEEH...3RN4AaABAg]

Old Tube Radio Online Museum / Музей ретро радіо
https://www.youtube.com/user/RadioSvit?d...lymer=true

Sincerely Peter
З повагою Петро

Messages In This Thread
I'm still on the floor laughing! - by terrylett - 01-19-2019, 11:58 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 02-16-2022, 09:22 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 08:53 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 10:15 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-06-2023, 08:41 AM
RE: The list of my radio & TV collection! - by RadioSvit - 03-25-2023, 04:29 PM