Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

The list of my radio & TV collection!

Old Eaton Viking 40A75E1 radio console. Canada. 1940
A short video review from my archival photo and video materials

Today I will talk about my very first radio console, which thanks to a friend I managed to buy in Canada in the spring of 2013 and for which I still feel particularly warm nostalgia. Unfortunately, later we had to break up with her, and our relationship with a friend deteriorated due to a difference in political views... Nevertheless, I am very grateful to him and remember that time with nostalgia...

Due to its large dimensions and exceeding the weight limit of 30 kg, the radio console had to be disassembled into two parts and sent in two parcels for successful delivery to Ukraine. Of course, it turned out to be very expensive, but I think it was worth it. Here he collected everything in one day, and repaired everything in a week.

What kind of radio console is this? This is a Viking 40A 75 e1 of the 1940s from the EATON trade mark from Canada. Seven-tube budget device on metal RCA radio tubes without a high-frequency amplifier, with an optical tuning indicator, with a single-cycle low-frequency amplifier with a power of 5 watts, with a large 30-centimeter speaker, with 5 ranges from 19 meters to 50 meters and Medium waves , and with fixed settings for 5 radio stations in the medium wave range.

When I first got acquainted, I was tempted by the traditional, for the Canadian market, treatment of the case with veneer and even the massif of various types of hard, expensive wood species. Unfortunately, in many places there was a lot of damage to the lacquer coating, and partly even to the veneer, so after some hesitation, I still decided to carry out a complete restoration of the case with the restoration of veneer fragments and a complete replacement of the lacquer coating. I had to spend almost two months, but I think the result is worth it...
Well, after the repair of the chassis and full adjustment of all bands, I was pleased with the quality of reception of radio stations and what is especially pleasant for me - the sound quality. Unfortunately, since I parted with this device in the summer of 2014, I have no opportunity to make new videos and therefore have to use my old archived ones...

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig0HM2bHzk0&t=73s]

Oops ... YouTube has claimed its rights to the melody from this video and therefore viewing is possible only on YouTube. I apologize to the moderators, this is YouTube's whim, not mine... Icon_redface

Old Tube Radio Online Museum / Музей ретро радіо
https://www.youtube.com/user/RadioSvit?d...lymer=true

Sincerely Peter
З повагою Петро

Messages In This Thread
I'm still on the floor laughing! - by terrylett - 01-19-2019, 11:58 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 02-16-2022, 09:22 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 08:53 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 10:15 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-06-2023, 08:41 AM
RE: The list of my radio & TV collection! - by RadioSvit - 06-17-2023, 01:58 PM