Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

The list of my radio & TV collection!

Quote: >>four windings and two starting windings are switched on through the phase shift capacitor.

Michael, this is an example of an incorrect Google translation, I was talking about four windings, two of which are starting.
Майкл, это пример некорректного гугло перевода, я говорил о четырех обмотках, две из которых являются пусковыми.

Quote: True synch motor does not need speed regulator as it cannot possibly exceed the synch speed, it can only achieve it and lock to it.
The centrifugal regulator in asynch motors is not the speed regulator but the "start capacitor switch". It does not regulat speed.
If you do have starting cap and the centrifugal switch, then maybe it is not a hysteresis motor after all?

The synch motor simply does not need anythingm, winding or capacitor, to start, as it develops torque right from the get-go, amd the torque does not change with the speed as it catches up with the field rotation.

Michael, your arguments are very logical, but you completely confused me with them. Icon_crazy The fact that this motor is hysteresis was told to me by the owners of similar electrogramophones on the English forum UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration. And what is very interesting, there is a mechanical regulator of the disk rotation speed. Did I understand correctly that in this case it is definitely not a synchronous motor, and maybe not even a hysteretic one, but most likely an asynchronous one?
But there is a disc like in hysteresis motors. This is a mystery. Icon_think

Old Tube Radio Online Museum / Музей ретро радіо
https://www.youtube.com/user/RadioSvit?d...lymer=true

Sincerely Peter
З повагою Петро

Messages In This Thread
I'm still on the floor laughing! - by terrylett - 01-19-2019, 11:58 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 02-16-2022, 09:22 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 08:53 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-05-2023, 10:15 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-06-2023, 08:41 AM
RE: The list of my radio & TV collection! - by RadioSvit - 04-03-2024, 03:45 AM