Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to flatten wrinkled veneer?

Try this, before stripping, cut the wrinkle open with razor blade length wise down the center then carefully lift one side open enough to spray some contact adhesive in there and let it get real tacky before you press it down, then repeat for other side of wrinkle. You can mask off each side of cut mark with tape so you don't get glue all over . Remove the tape.Use a hard roller if you have one and roll it . If you use stripper don't get it in the cut marks. Then you can sand it smooth and the cut mark should not be visible . It works ok but not all the time. I've hade to replace the veneer more often than not on cases like that.  What's that hole doing there if that's the top? If that were my radio I would replace just the top section of veneer, stopping just before the curves on each side. Being stained with extra dark walnut you wont see the difference in grain .I wont be that difficult to remove that veneer because its all dried out and is already lifting, you will have much better results buy replacing and should take less time that's if you done it before and have the tools.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to flatten wrinkled veneer? - by TimC - 05-25-2015, 12:57 PM
RE: How to flatten wrinkled veneer? - by sam - 05-25-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: How to flatten wrinkled veneer? - by Fred Taylor - 05-25-2015, 05:23 PM
RE: How to flatten wrinkled veneer? - by tab10672 - 05-26-2015, 07:49 PM
RE: How to flatten wrinkled veneer? - by codefox1 - 06-11-2015, 10:08 AM