Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What would you pay...

Deet. It works.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Anyone have a decent photo of an original finish 20 standard? The web seems to have few photos, and I'm not sure if any show the original finish as described by a post in another forum.  Also, the escutcheon, does it attach with brads, or screws? Thanks.

The escutcheon attached with screws on mine. Don't think my finish is original.

Tim

I do not have a before picture of my 20 but here is an after shot. Bright outside sunlight. Indoor will vary.

Some reflections look like light spots.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

Now that is the best refinish job I've ever seen on a 20. Icon_thumbup Too many people redo them in a single (monotone) color, and do not bother with the shading around the front panel and on the edges of the top/sides.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron. It looks better indoors but I always photograph them on "Radio Rock".

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

(07-04-2015, 06:21 PM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  Now that is the best refinish job I've ever seen on a 20. Icon_thumbup .......

That is a beautiful refinish!

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Very nice!

Crist

Thanks for the photo. That radio is beautiful. Maybe I can get mine looking that good someday as I work thru my "to do" list. 

Very nice radio indeed! Love the refinish on the radio!

Hay Groundhog74, your ID picture for this web site, is that you sticking a kitchen knife in the wall socket? Icon_shh Icon_shh Icon_shh Icon_shh Icon_shh Icon_shh . What in the world were you thinking junior Icon_think Icon_think Icon_think Icon_think Icon_think Icon_think

Not me, just a photo I found. But I did have a similar introduction to the magic of electricity as a kid. 

I did not, but I plugged something in that blew up. I was 9 or 10.
Luckily my parents weren't at home, and I knew how to fix a fuse, and nothing burned, so they never found out.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.