Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My new Philco 41-255!

I took my Philco 40-180 into the AHRS today, and what do you know, I leave with a perfect working Philco 41-255! It sounds awesome, but the cabinet is in pretty tough shape. I got this for only $20. I just can't stop!

Attached Files Image(s)

Slave to an RCA Victor CTC-25

Here is the radio after the GOJO treatment.

Attached Files Image(s)

I am very pleased with this radio. It sounds amazing and even has all Philco tubes. I had a slight discrepancy this afternoon while cleaning it. I took the chassis out to blow all the dust out and clean the controls, and when I put it back together, it didn't work anymore. So I start trying to figure out why it won't work, and half an hour later, I realized that half the tubes were stone cold. So I started making sure all the tubes were in place, and somehow one of the XXL tubes had popped out. I fixed that, but it still didn't work properly. I finally realized that the antenna wires were mixed up. Now the radio works great and sounds very loud and clear.

Well, a little deoxit goes a long way.

I used some on the controls during the cleaning process.

OK, repeat with tube pins and sockets,switches, and blast out the variable capacitor while you are at it. Shore up any doubtful connections too.

All taken care of. All the dust has been blasted out, the controls cleaned, and the electrolytics replaced. (not by me). I couldn't ask for much more. Here is the offical video.