Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

montgomery wards 62-327 technical q's..

i need to know the results of these components failing as noted;
c1-shorted to ground
c35-open circuited
thanks,phil

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...011453.pdf

Im having difficulty reading the nostalgiaair pages small-print online. I will have to check my actual Riders volume 8 book to see the schematic more clearly tomorrow, as it is in my workshop.
Looks like both caps are the same value if I read it correctly?
C1 -- 250 mmf to gnd ( in the antenna circuit)?
C35---250 mmf to gnd ( plate of #30 tube)?

looks like this battery-set has a floating ground at the filter supply caps also? Perhaps failure of the orig 250mmf caps were caused because of a previous nearby "lighting-strike" to the antenna circuit in days goneby? Did this set use a outdoor longwire antenna? If so, check closely the antenna & coil assy, as it could be fried internally?Also check for internal-shorts in the #30 tube? Just a guess however. Icon_wink

hi,i finally got back to this one.the caps in question appeared to be mica but after breaking them open wax/paper caps were inside-junk!
replaced those,a.m. reception improved but short wave still dead. i noticed no change in operation with 1st tubes' gridcap wire removed,tube tested good. i found the filament voltage feedwire broken at the socket. as these are low voltage filaments you can't see them lit or not,even in the dark! they barely get warm when they are powered up. fixed the wire and s/w came alive,also needed realigned as i had done that with a dead tube.
radio is a strong performer now and you just gotta love a moviedial,phil

pics here-about half way thru page 2

[Note from Admin - Sorry, the Post this picture link refers to is no longer available. ]