16-B chassis finito!

check this out!!

[Image: http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd32/...safter.jpg]

Steve McDonald

You're kidding...right?

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

LOLOL!!! Yes, that picture IS a put-on. I just couldn't resist! That's a gag shot! I took it as a spoof for a friend on Cape Cod.
Actually that is a picture of a blown-up mobo out of my Super-Duper V-31 computer poised to look like the real chassis work. That would be a TRAVESTY to actually do that to a good old Philco.
The REAL chassis doesn't look too much different than it did when I started it.
I do have the speaker problem, though.
All four connections to the speaker are shorted together! Any help will be worhipped from me!

Steve McDonald

That's one way to get the Green Hornet on your antique radio.

Harv

Harv

You ROCK Tube!! ..... Great photo indeed! How is the SW reception on that set? Looks like perhaps someone forgot to "update" the bias-resistor in that restoration by looking at the photo?? (hee hee), that photo should give a few purists-to-originality here a mere case of the red-azz?!! rotflmao!! Icon_wink

Ron didn't sound too happy about it, now DID he?? Icon_lol I'm just a subversive and muckraker at heart!
BTW, the REAL resto doesn't look too much different than my before picture. I wanted to use Orange Drops for this re-cap, but you all KNOW THEY won't fit inside one of those Philco Tar-Boats!!
The filters are down in there now, because I wanted the top end to look original!
But only those and a couple more new caps ( li'l bitty yellow thangs) show...one to the volume, etc.
Thankfully, the top of the chassis was just dirty!

If I can sort out the speaker problem, it's good to go. The input choke/output trans is shorted together. Icon_evil

Steve McDonald