Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Philco ID help please

I need some help Identifying these two radios.  i am trying to help an ill friend find out what he has and what it's worth.  I am new to this.  I looked at over a thousand pictures online and read some history, but I cannot figure out what he has. My only guess is that the one in the first picture is similar to a Philco 90, but there are differences. The second, third, and fourth photos are of a large furnature piece with the retractable dial drawer.  Any help is appreciated.

https://pinecone.smugmug.com/Radio/n-dpvsCz/

Welcome to the Phorum! Icon_wave
Better pictures would be helpful. A pic of the full front and full backside. Any labels on the backs?

(10-06-2015, 10:42 PM)klondike98 Wrote:  Welcome to the Phorum!  Icon_wave
Better pictures would be helpful.  A pic of the full front and full backside.  Any labels on the backs?

I know the pictures are limiting, but due to illness this is a very difficult situation. There is a lot of stuff around the large piece and moving it would be very difficult.  Any information based on these pictures would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

Philco 90 and Philco 41-300

90 looks to be in real good condition so if the insides look that way you yave a few hundred. Maybe up to $400.00. The 41-300 console radio is real nice but not worth much. Maybe $200.00 working but dont test the radios.

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

The brass escutcheon indicates an early production model 90. It could be either a PP-45 output model or the more common single 47 output model.