Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 46-1209

Hello - I'm wondering if anyone has any comment on a Model 46-1209. I haven't looked at it yet but have a photo and a $45 asking price. I believe it has a phonograph in the front panel. Is the phonograph typically difficult to work on or get parts for? Any comment is welcome. Thanks.

Rod Basham

Hi Rod,
The typical issue is finding a replacement cartridge and perhaps the drive puck (rubber wheel). I would anticipate it may run $30 each. Also it probably only plays 78rpm records. A lot of older consoles in the 50's got the original turntable exchange for the newer 3sp tables. Don't know if the 78 player is a must but will add a bit of cost to the price tag.

Terry
ps. After consulting the diagram I noticed that it uses a mag cartridge. i think this is the model that uses a very hard to find styles.

(11-04-2015, 09:54 PM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  Hi Rod,
The typical issue is finding a replacement cartridge and perhaps the drive puck (rubber wheel). I would anticipate it may run $30 each. Also it probably only plays 78rpm records. A lot of older consoles in the 50's got the original turntable exchange for the newer 3sp tables. Don't know if the 78 player is a must but will add a bit of cost to the price tag.

Terry
ps. After consulting the diagram I noticed that it uses a mag cartridge. i think this is the model that uses a very hard to find styles.
Yeah that would be a D-10A changer.  That is the version with the magnetic cartridge.  I think you're right about styli being hard to come by. 

Well, I'll take a look at it and maybe I can locate replacement parts. Got a few radios on my platter right now anyway. Thanks for your input, folks.