Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

what lacquer to use Philco 48-1050 cabinet

(11-12-2015, 04:53 PM)jerryhawthorne Wrote:  Well Drifter, most people here are not very pro to what your doing.  The radio is priceless as a piece of history.  What you are planning is not popular!  However, it is your radio and certainly to do with what you wish.  If you enjoy it as a rebuild with modern electronics great.  Modern electronics changes more than I do with my underwear.
As for cabinet repair and refinish IF necessary, you will have a lot of ideas as to get it right here.  A picture of the cabinet would help.  Offer the electronics for sale here if you really want to do it.  We would all suggest not to.  You can add an input to the radio and pump in any external audio signal you would like.
Best,  Jerry
I guess i wasnt clear in my post ..
I didnt gut it , i puchased a empty cabinet that now just sits in the room and does nothing . there were no electronic to sell .. and if there were any when i purchased it .. i wouldnt be considering doing things in the inside of the cabinet

as it stands it is a empty wooden box  that doesn't function (as its empty ) .. i wanted to make the cabinet as close to stock as possible
and have it have functional components of some sort inside

Messages In This Thread
RE: what lacquer to use Philco 48-1050 cabinet - by drifter - 11-13-2015, 11:10 AM