Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reproduction batteries for Philco sets?

On a similar subject. I have in my collection of stuff and stuff and stuff--an original Burgess battery that I think was used in the 41-84 series, and I'm debating on whether or not making working reproduction batteries. It's an odd design in that the cover looks like leatherette.

Would anyone be interested in a repro battery?

Bill

I take that back--the battery I have goes into the 41-841 series portable. Big difference.

I made this a new topic, separate from the escutcheons. This subject may generate quite a bit of interest on its own...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Yes, it certainly MAY generate interest!! And I might also be able to contribute to the effort of battery repros. I have a Philco PT-89 with a Burgess 2TXX40 (dated June 1948) inside it. This old artifact is in good enough shape,as far as the paper cover goes, to repro.
It's voltages are 1.5V+60V B. There would be enough space to series
7 9-volt cells for B-batt and, say parallell two AA cells for A-batt inside it's striped paper cover.
I don't know how popular this battery is. How much of a market is in our field of interest to warrant such an undertaking??
What say Ye All??? Let the Phorum know!!!! Icon_confused: Icon_confused:

I'll be more than glad to make a repro out of the Burgess cover. I've already created an original Philco battery for that model portable.

Just contact me at batterymaker at gmail dot com and we'll go from there.

Bill