Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 39-6 question

I have a 39-6 here is the link 
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...013300.pdf

The bakelite  cap # 29 is listed as .oo6 uf but the number on the side of the bakelite is #3615 OSU the chart I have shows it as 1 section  .05uf , what do I go with?

Eric

If you sure of the value your chart gives the this is what it is, but to me 0.006uF is more likely. 0.05uF is too large, and in case of ungrounded chassis the touch current can be dangerous.

I would make it 10nF safety (Y type) capacitor.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Sounds good I do have a .01 (10n) Y safety cap.
 I rechecked the #3615 OSU and it as stated above but a lot has been done to this chassis so it could have been changed trying to put it back to the prints.
Thanks

Got the radio up and running, not sure why the field coil and output xformer were disconnected, they checked out ok so I hooked them back up maybe they were going to strip them for another radio. 

One last question on the alignment it says for output connections 6a7 do they mean the grid cap?

Thanks Eric

Hello Eric. Yes you remove the grid cap and connect sig. gen. to the top of the tube thru a .1 cap. See note A on schematic.