Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

610 info needed

Hi all,

I'm working on my 1936 610 bullet. I am having a problem getting the correct schematic. The Philco Service Manuals, and Riders 6 and 7 I have only have the schematic with the chassis that has 7 balelite blocks, or the 610 with the phono components.

The 610 I am working on only has 5 bakelite blocks and no phono. There is no indication that the other 2 blocks were ever installed on this chassis.

Does anyone have the correct schematic or can point me to where I can find it?

Thanks.

-Keith

http://www.audiophool.com/Philco.html
Try this Keith.

When I was working on mine I recall there were a bunch of changes that were made to 610s. See the changes.zip file that Ron has posted. Not sure that will answer your question but still good info to have.

Hi Wiz,
Long time no hear from!
Most of the time I don't worry too much about the schematic so much, just replace what is there.On the capacitor blocks you can reference the p# on the block to find the value and wiring. As long as the chassis hasn't been significantly altered it's not any problem. The 610 is a nice set to work on as it is pretty simple and straight forward. No sub chassis to disconnect (like a 37-610) although the 620 is a better performer having a stage of rf amplification and this helps with image rejection.
Have fun with your 610!
Terry

(02-12-2016, 09:59 PM)klondike98 Wrote:  When I was working on mine I recall there were a bunch of changes that were made to 610s.  See the changes.zip file that Ron has posted.  Not sure that will answer your question but still good info to have.

Thanks bob,

I looked through the changes.pdf, I also have several documents showing changes but none of them mention the elimination of bakelite blocks or circuit changes for the 610 I have.

-Keith

(02-13-2016, 12:38 PM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  Hi Wiz,
Long time no hear from!
Most of the time I don't worry too much about the schematic so much, just replace what is there.On the capacitor blocks you can reference the p# on the block to find the value and wiring. As long as the chassis hasn't been significantly altered it's not any problem. The 610 is a nice set to work on as it is pretty simple and straight forward. No sub chassis to disconnect (like a 37-610) although the 620 is a better performer having a stage of rf amplification and this helps with image rejection.
Have fun with your 610!
Terry

Hey Terry,

Yeah I dropped out of restoring for a while. But I'm slowing getting back into it.

Normally I would do just as you say and go with the flow and just replace whats there. This one is a bit of a basket case. The previous owner let the magic smoke out of the power transformer, also there has been a few mods done to it. Maybe Ron or Chuck can shed some light on this one.

I noticed that the phono 610 only has 5 bakelite blocks according to the parts list, but the schematic is different then the 610 I'm working on. 

If no one comes up with a schematic I'll just wing it and see if I can get it to play.

-Keith

(02-12-2016, 09:15 PM)Mike Wrote:  http://www.audiophool.com/Philco.html
Try this Keith.

Thanks Mike but Audiophool has the same schematics I have.  Icon_confused

-Keith