Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 91 Console chassis in Model 91 cathedral?

I have a Model 91 console in the queue with lots of veneer issues.  Would the chassis from this console fit into the cathedral cabinet listed on eBay?  I may be interested in this listing and make the swap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PHILCO-model-91-...SwPc9WvnBy

Yes.

(you may have to make sure it does not have metal mounting feet sticking out from the bottom of the chassis as in some 1933-34 Philco console chassis)

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Yes you can like Ron said, I asked that same question and I indeed did it. Here are some pictures of mine. 91 console chassis in a 91 cathedral cabinet. I did have to find the speaker that worked.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hmm, I don't have a speaker for a cathedral cabinet.

Good luck finding one...K-6, 3275 ohm field.

I did the same thing you are wanting to do - I had a 91D which soneone had slopped over with polyurethane. Rather than attempt to strip that, I gave the cabinet away at a swap meet to a collector, found a 91B cathedral cabinet, and put the 91D console chassis inside the 91B cabinet.

I still need to resolve my own speaker issue. I kept the original 91D speaker (H-12), and removed the field coil and "pot" from the console speaker. I still need to mount that field and "pot" onto a K series speaker. I'll also use the original output transformer on that K series speaker.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN