Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[split] Zenith Hi-Fidelity Phonograph Console

I also have the same record player, that I have been trying to rehab for a friend of mine as the needle on the record player had its LP needle tip busted off but the 78 needle was still in good shape (it uses the old EV Power-Point Needles, which for some reason seem to have a tendancy to fail the same way after a while which is to have the LP tip break off after not even 8 plays but the 78 tip survives intact just fine).

For some reason or another when I have tried to order a new needle for this record player, I can never seem to get the right needle ordered for it, I keep ordering a needle that's too big for the needle mount and I have the original needle and I've been using that to go by to get the replacement and when I try to order the replacement needle from Gary Stork over at Voice of Music Enthusiasts I order one that looks like it should be the correct one, but then when it actually comes in the mail and I try it out on the record player it ends up being the wrong one, and I've done that 5 times already.  
It doesn't help matters any that EV made 6 different power-point needles that all look the same but are sized slightly different and some are stereo and some are mono and over at Voice of Music Enthusiasts the only pictures he has of the EV Power-Point needles are drawings from factory literature which drawings aren't going to help out much in identifying what needle you need especially when all they go by are part numbers and the original needle in this record player didn't have a part number stamped or etched into it anywhere.)

Does anyone know which needle this record player uses?

[Admin Note] split this into a separate thread since this is about a new project.

Other thread: https://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=18907