Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 90 Output Transformer

It'd be interesting to look at the diagram if it is indeed original Philco document copy.
All the diagrams of 90 and some other radios had the error of showing a nonexistent cap which also should be connected to power and on the sch it isn't. It is still in Rider's, was gere but we did collective research and fixed it.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

(03-08-2016, 05:17 PM)rrova Wrote:  
(03-08-2016, 02:51 PM)morzh Wrote:  Michael

http://philcoradio.com/tech/images/90a.jpg

Thanks, if that's the diagram, I do have that version. Otherwise a photo/email would be great!

Attached Files Image(s)

Same is true for 20.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

That's great! I'll wire it up tonight and see how it goes. Many thanks!

Again

As I mentioned before, your wiring is reversed, the transformer leads are swapped with field coil.
Both in the plug and the chassis.
If you fix it, you have to fix both.

(03-09-2016, 10:04 PM)rrova Wrote:  Thank you very much, Michael. I will look forward to receiving it. I can use all the help I can get on this!

If you want an original Philco transformer, check with Wilbur S. Gilroy. He has a great selection of good used Philco parts and prices are very reasonable. He is on the Philco phorum. Also on the WEB is Play Things of Past, in Ohio. He has many old radio parts. Michael

If the primary seems to be all right, which is what typically fails in an output transformer if anything does fail, then I would have a go at either repairing or rewinding the secondary. The secondary winding is almost always on the outside and is wound from a heavier gauge wire with fewer turns then is the primary.
Regards
Arran