Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

48-1256 alignment help.

Getting geared up to do the AM alignment on the 48-1256 I've been slowly trying to restore.  Never done one of these on my own before, so I've got a few questions.

For reference, here's a pic of the alignment instructions from Sam's:

[Image: http://i.imgur.com/Y42Czls.jpg]

1. I have an isolation transformer.  Am I reading that correctly that if I use it, I won't need to solder in the .01uf or 200pf caps?

2. What does it mean in the coupling section about high side & low side?  And where do I access B-?

3. Any idea what that smudged section under Output Meter might have said?

< I have an isolation transformer.  Am I reading that correctly that if I use it, I won't need to solder in the .01uf or 200pf caps?
Use the transformer and the caps. They are for coupling not to prevent shock hazard.

<What does it mean in the coupling section about high side & low side?  And where do I access B-?
Read high side of signal generator (center conductor of output cable) output/ low side is ground side of generator. B- would be at the- side of your filter caps. = RF ground

< Any idea what that smudged section under Output Meter might have said? 
Output meter would be an analog ac voltmeter set to it's low range (like 1vac full scale) connected across the spkr voice coil. Tune for max reading.

Hope that answer ur questions.
Terry