Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1966 or 7 bench style console

Sorry,

No idea on the model number. And regarding the tweeters, the only way anyone could answer which other models used the same tweeter part number would be to have a stack of 1960s Philco service information, or a complete set of SAMS Photofacts. I have neither. Maybe someone with a set of SAMS through the 1960s, and with enough spare time to look through potentially dozens of 1960s Philco schematics, could help?

That is an unusual design.

I've been thinking for some time now that 1950s-60s-early 1970s hi-fi and stereo gear are becoming the "new" antique radios. Unfortunately, by the 1960s, Philco electronics were mostly crap compared to higher end high fidelity gear such as The Fisher (while Avery still owned the company), Harman Kardon, H.H. Scott, Marantz, and the Japanese "upstarts" such as Sansui and Pioneer. This fact, I think, will affect current and future collectibilty of these items.

A prime example of crappy stereo gear: Morse Electrophonic. I seriously doubt there will ever be a large demand for that brand...assuming the remaining cabinets do not fall apart from their own poor quality in the next 50 years.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1966 or 7 bench style console - by Ron Ramirez - 03-26-2016, 11:42 AM
RE: 1966 or 7 bench style console - by Joe Rossi - 04-09-2016, 01:14 PM