Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pacific 'Raleigh' 6-valve - a beautiful mongrel

So I stripped out the chassis that was in my radio.  It was horribly done... so I feel better now its beautifully undone.  And I might build it one day if I can find 3 suitable IF cans and a P-P transformer to suit a 19 tube.

And I bought a can of automotive lacquer that matches the original paint (a metallic dark-ish gold), then tested it on the intended donor chassis (a RCNZ model 18 chassis - relatively common, from a junk radio with a near-destroyed cabinet).

Then carefully prised the 4 spot welds apart to get the valve shield base from where the coil can needs to go, and tried the coils for fit

I'm using 2 old IF cans with the same layout as the originals that I got from an old parts chassis - they're too short but I might have some others I can use that are taller.  I only have 2 coil cans that don't have dimples in the top though.  Almost all RCNZ-made coil cans had a dimple in the top - but these Pacific ones did not.  I'll have to ask around and see if I can find one more suitable can.

Thats about as far as I have managed to get at this point... but I'll keep you posted with progress.

There are no personal problems that can't be overcome with the liberal application of high explosives

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pacific 'Raleigh' 6-valve - a beautiful mongrel - by kiwi_steve - 08-01-2016, 04:02 AM