Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pacific 'Raleigh' 6-valve - a beautiful mongrel

Thanks Henry and Joe... its a little bit on the back burner at the moment... I'm really busy at work and have been moving family stuff to here from about 6 hours drive away most weekends and just haven't had time to devote to it.

I'd love some feedback on the cabinet - I'm not entirely sure what to do with it to get it looking spot on. The lacquer I had mixed up for the chassis is some automotive stuff - and they do have brown tones. From the experience of spraying the gold onto the chassis I can see that it starts out quite seethrough with the first coat - I'm wondering if a brown coloured automotive NC lacquer would be suitable for a timber cabinet and if I could use different numbers of coats to get the stepped tones? I wish we could get mohawk here... but there is pretty much nothing in toned spray lacquers that I've been able to find. The cans are $36 + tax each so I don't really want to spring for one if its not going to work - but I will if there is a good chance it will. I might try hitting some plywood with some shellac and then the gold just to see what the adhesion is like.

Cheers

Steve

There are no personal problems that can't be overcome with the liberal application of high explosives

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pacific 'Raleigh' 6-valve - a beautiful mongrel - by kiwi_steve - 08-20-2016, 11:29 PM